The Windsor Utilities Commission made the announcement that it has received approval from the Ministry of Environment to decommission the fluoridation equipment. The hydrofluorosilicic acid tap has been turned off! It will take a few days for the current treated water reservoirs to run out. What is to become of the left over hydrofluorosilicic acid now that it has legally lost its ‘water treatment’ label? It reverts back to hazardous waste and must be dealt with as such! “Rossi said the unused remnants of WUC’s supply will be trucked away by a hazardous waste removal company.”
What does Windsor have to look forward to now that the water is free of hazardous waste? According to the fluoridation lobby, dental decay will spike and one dentist has even claimed that decay rates will double. We’re not sure what he could possibly be basing this opinion on, however, because the available fluoridation cessation literature shows that fluoridation is unnecessary.
Fluoridation Cessation Science
1) Dr. Amir Azarpazhooh (DDS) concluded, among other things, that “a global decrease in dental caries has occurred regardless of fluoridation status” and “despite a historical interpretation that the removal of fluoride would result in an increase in dental caries the findings… do not support this claim.”.
2) The prevalence of caries (assessed in 5927 children, grades 2, 3, 8, 9) decreased over time in the fluoridation ended community while remaining unchanged in the fluoridated community. Maupome´et al, Patterns Of Dental Caries Following The Cessation Of Water Fluoridation, Community Dentistry And Oral Epidemiology, (2001) 29 37–47 http://cof-cof.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Maupome´et-al-Patterns-Of-Dental-Caries-Following-The-Cessation-Of-Water-Fluoridation-Community-Dentistry-And-Oral-Epidemiology-2001-29-37–47.pdf.
3) “In contrast to the anticipated increase in dental caries following the cessation of water fluoridation in the cities Chemnitz and Plauen, a significant fall in caries prevalence was observed.”
SOURCE: Kunzel W, Fischer T, Lorenz R, Bruhmann S. (2000). Decline of caries prevalence after the cessation of water fluoridation in the former East Germany. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 28: 382-9.
4) “In 1997, following the cessation of drinking water fluoridation, in contrast to an expected rise in caries prevalence, DMFT and DMFS values remained at a low level for the 6- to 9-year-olds and appeared to decrease for the 10/11-year-olds. In the 12/13-year-olds, there was a significant decrease, while the percentage of caries-free children of this age group had increased…”
SOURCE: Kunzel W, Fischer T. (2000). Caries prevalence after cessation of water fluoridation in La Salud, Cuba. Caries Research 34: 20-5.
5) “The fact that no increase in caries was found in Kuopio despite discontinuation of water fluoridation and decrease in preventive procedures suggests that not all of these measures were necessary for each child.”
SOURCE: Seppa L, Karkkainen S, Hausen H. (2000). Caries Trends 1992-1998 in Two Low-Fluoride Finnish Towns Formerly with and without Fluoridation. Caries Research 34: 462-468.
Official Advice – Eat Well, Brush Your Teeth
According to this article recently posted in the Windsor Star: Health officials offer advice after fluoride’s demise, public health is aware that our diet is an important factor for dental health and that if children swallow too much fluoride there is a ‘risk’, though Arsenault is referring to swallowing purified fluoridated toothpaste and not hazardous waste fluoridation chemicals added to drinking water such as infants would be swallowing despite having no teeth.
It is interesting to note in this article that the public health officials admit that the Union Water Station (servicing Leamington, Kingsville, and Essex) is fluoridation free because H.J. Heinz uses that water to make baby food and would have to remove the fluoride (and hydrofluorosilicic acid’s co-contaminants of lead, arsenic, mercury and more) before using the water to make baby food; and yet, these same public health officials claim it is perfectly safe for parents to use fluoridated water (complete with co-contaminants) to mix with baby formula and early weaning foods for our infants.
How do they justify this inconsistency? The Canadian Paediatric Society states “Because the action of fluoride is topical, NO FLUORIDE should be given before teeth have erupted.” And of course, we wouldn’t want to increase our children’s exposure to any of the co-contaminants found in fluoridation chemicals.
Thank you to those Windsor Councillors (and those councillors in Tecumseh and Lasalle that supported this safe water campaign) who took the progressive step to protect formula fed infants by voting to end water fluoridation. The public water supply for Windsor, Tecumseh and Lasalle is now safer for our babies to drink and bathe in, not to mention those with thyroid and kidney dysfunction and more…
#1 by Mare on March 27, 2013 - 5:39 am
The cessation of artificial fluoridation of Windsor’s public water system is THE best news I’ve heard in a very long time:-)))
(Hashimoto’s Autoimmune sufferer for whom avoidance of fluoride isn’t an option, it’s a necessity!)
#2 by Christine Newland on December 27, 2014 - 9:49 am
Fluoride is poison. It is a dangerous chemical. Tooth decay comes from an unhealthy diet and sugar consumption as well as poor dental hygiene. If some people believe fluoride helps prevent tooth decay, let those people use toothpaste with the chemical in it and not put the rest of us at risk. I read a sad article about a couple who raised horses, who said their horses suddenly all got very ill and died after their water supplier introduced fluoride. In winter the horses even tried to avoid drinking the water and ate snow to avoid it. Horses have more sense than people!!
Why do 1 out of 2 people get cancer now?? Chemicals in water and on food poisoning our bodies!
Bravo to all of the cities like Quebec, Calgary, Windsor and many other cities all across the country, for banning the use of fluoride in their water supply. It is not rocket science and should not even be open to debate. London…please wake up!
Please, City Council…Mayor Brown, I implore you to remove fluoride from our water supply! Do the research on the toxicity and put our health first! Thank you.